The Chinese operator announced that they will delay the Macau casino opening once again.
Macau.- The opening of MGM Cotai has been delayed once again to the second half of 2017. MGM China, the casino operator, said that the project’s design is too complex and that in order to have a successful opening, they need more time.
Back in August, the company decided to push back again the opening of its new MGM Cotai resort until the second quarter of 2017. On Tuesday, they rescheduled the opening to the third or fourth quarter of the year, because they believe that the opening should reflect the demand of the current market. Once the facility open its doors, it will feature more than 2500 slot machines and 500 table games. Furthermore, it will also offer 1500 hotel rooms along with a spa and retail space.
Last year, the incorporated subsidiary of Las Vegas-headquartered MGM Resorts International said that the second postponement was an indication that conditions in Macau haven’t improved. With revenues from 2016 falling and Macau’s gambling regulators adhering strictly to a quota of 3 percent annual table game growth, MGM Resorts said that they could find that the risks of investing in the gambling hub were greater than initially expected.