The operator of the National Lottery said that changes are being introduced after feedback from players.
UK.- Camelot, the operator of the National Lottery, introduced changes to Lotto after feedback from players. The company also announced the appointment of Nigel Railton as the new permanent chief executive.
The operator said that it is currently testing options that would be introduced next year to its best-selling game in order to give players a “better winning experience.” These changes would be introduced without changing the price or number matrix, the company said. The information was revealed alongside a 3.2 percent drop in overall ticket sales on last year’s H1 performance to £3.2 billion for the six months to September 23. The results follow total ticket sales falling 8.8 percent to £6.9 billion for 2016/17 from a record £7.5 billion the previous year.
Camelot chairman Jo Taylor said: “Under Nigel’s leadership, the new executive team at Camelot has recently concluded a thorough strategic review and designed a clear execution plan to put the business on a path to responsible and sustainable growth.”
Railton said that coming off the back of last year’s disappointing sales performance, and in the face of the very real threat posed by intensifying competition from the wider gambling sector, which benefits from significant taxation advantages, and continuing doubts over the economy, he doesn’t underestimate the challenge ahead of them.
“It is going to take some time to turn things around. However, given the areas for improvement that we’ve identified during the strategic review, Camelot’s impressive track record of success over the long term and the first-class team that I’ll be working with, I firmly believe that we have an excellent platform to get the National Lottery back where it should be next year, in growth, creating more winners than ever before, and delivering even more money for the millions of people and thousands of communities for whom National Lottery funding is so crucial,” he added.