Authorities in Victoria have extended current restrictions for two weeks.
Australia.- Victoria has announced an extension of current Covid-19 countermeasures for at least two weeks. The lockdown will remain in place until September 2 with a curfew from 9pm to 5am, except for essential services.
Daniel Andrews, the Victorian premier, said: “After almost two weeks of restrictions in Victoria, it’s clear the number of coronavirus cases out in the community is still too high, it’s spreading too far and there are too many exposure sites cropping up every day.”
In line with the government’s announcement, Crown Melbourne said it will remain temporarily closed until further notice. The closure covers the casino, restaurants, conference facilities, entertainment venues & cinemas, retail stores, spa and the Crystal Club.
Australia reported 400 Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours. Last week, the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) has imposed measures leading to the temporary closure of Casino Canberra, a venue operated by Aquis Entertainment Limited.
A seven-day closure was announced after ACT reported four Covid-19 cases after more than a year with no local cases. Authorities said the lockdown will be lifted only if there is no increase in cases.
As for Sydney, the New South Wales Government announced the current lockdown will remain until at least the end of September. Under current restrictions, only essential businesses are allowed to open. Casinos and gambling venues remain closed.
Crown Sydney and The Star Sydney will remain closed until further notice. As for Crown, the closure includes its restaurants, bars, gym as well as events and conferencing facilities.