Lockdown measures in the Philippines are to be modified or extended this week, with casinos likely to remain closed.
Philippines.- Lockdown measures in the Philippines are to be modified or extended this week, with casinos likely to remain closed.
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte met with health experts today (April 20) to discuss what measures should be in place once the country’s current lockdown ends on April 30.
According to Duterte’s spokesman, Harry Roque, the President is entertaining two options: to extend the lockdown or modify it to be enforced in select local government units heavily affected by Coronavirus.
The likelihood is that casinos and other gaming venues will remain closed in the country to prevent further spread of the virus.
However, POGOs said last week that they expect to return to business once April 30 has passed.
At the time, Labor Undersecretary, Dominique Tutay, said: “POGOs will continue as long they are allowed by law.
“We will just continue our initiative to regulate and ensure that these firms are compliant with labor and immigration laws as well as payment of taxes.”