A total of 25,252 arrivals were registered last Friday, the highest daily figure since local Covid-19 cases emerged at the end of September.
Macau.- Authorities in Macau have reported that there were 25,252 visitor arrivals on Friday. The figure was encouraging after only 8,159 people arrived in Macau during October Golden Week, when daily average visits were down 93.7 per cent compared with last year.
The Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO) said the figure showed “a steady rebound in visitor arrivals, which have been trending upward for four days in a row.” It said that on October 20, more than 20,000 visitors arrived in Macau.
The government of Macau has been easing Covid-19 countermeasures but it’s announced that those who intend to leave the city by plane or ship must present a negative Covid-19 test 48 hours prior to departure. Authorities in Zhuhai have also eased restrictions for people who have travelled from Macau and will no longer require a 14-day quarantine.
Ho Iat Seng, Macau’s chief executive, said people who plan to travel outside Macau would no longer need to present a negative Covid-19 test issued within 24 hours of departure. Mainland China continues to be the only country to have a largely quarantine-free travel bubble with Macau.