The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) has met with the leadership of the city’s Association of Gaming and Entertainment Promoters to discuss Macau’s proposed new gaming law.
Macau.- Representatives of the junket sector in Macau have met with the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) to express concerns regarding the government’s proposed changes to the city’s gaming laws.
Kwok Chi Chung, president of the Association of Gaming and Entertainment Promoters, said the junket trade group gave the DICJ feedback on the proposed revised law, including doubts about the implementation of some of the proposed provisions.
One of the issues raised was the motivation behind the bill’s proposal to allow junket operators to each provide services to only one casino operator. Kwok Chi Chung said the group also asked what the policy would be if a junket were to change from an existing partner concessionaire to a new one.
André Cheong Weng Chon, Executive Council spokesperson, has previously said the bill would also ban junkets from engaging in revenue-sharing arrangements with casino operators and from operating certain areas or facilities in casino venues. The bill would also prohibit junkets from turning to third parties to conduct their business, except in “situations deemed necessary by their partners, members of the management body or employees.”
|Macau’s Legislative Council approved the first reading of the gaming law amendment bill with just one vote against on January 24.|