The Philippine National Police has urged POGO operators to collaborate with the investigation.
The Philippines.- Three Chinese citizens have been arrested over the alleged kidnapping of a POGO worker.
A Vietnamese-Chinese POGO worker was allegedly kidnapped from an apartment in Makati City on Wednesday November 18 and transferred to Angeles City. It is alleged that her husband was told to pay a Php161,800 (US$3,350) ransom for her release.
The three men arrested allegedly refused to give their identities and stated that their passports had been confiscated by employers.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) has warned Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs) against withholding information on criminal matters involving their workers.
PNP chief Debold Sinas said: “I am strongly urging POGO operators to closely coordinate with the PNP on security concerns and to refrain from handling these matters on their own.”
Casino and POGO-related kidnappings in the Philippines have been rising in the recent years, with 73 cases since 2017.