The upcoming casino wants to add more slots and recreational services.
US.- During a meeting of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, Wynn Resorts Limited announced that they’re seeking the approval of more slots machines, as well as more restaurants and bars in the facility.
The US$2.4 billion casino and hotel complex that will open its doors to the public on June 3, 2019, also wants to expand its meeting and convention space. The facility was originally expected to cost US$2 billion, but the company expressed that labor costs forced them to change the number. Wynn also told the state gaming commission that they’re expecting to generate more jobs with this expansion.
Originally the hotel complex said that it would feature over 101 rooms, and it estimated that 4000 workers would be hired during construction, as well as 4000 permanent jobs created when the casino finally opens its doors. Wynn Resorts was granted a licence for this project in 2014 after the Massachusetts Gaming Commission voted 3-1 in favour of the operator ahead of Mohegan Sun, with Wynn Resorts agreeing to US$76 million in payments. The project previously faced opposition from the City of Boston, which alleged that state police gave private detectives acting for Wynn Resorts access to information regarding an ongoing criminal investigation and asked a judge to revoke the licence.