Las Vegas casino ups security measures after violence

Police are investigating two homicides on the strip.
Police are investigating two homicides on the strip.

The Cosmopolitan Resort will restrict entry at weekends. Police will be present at the entrance.

US.- The Cosmopolitan Resort in Las Vegas has increased security measures after a series of violent events on the strip.

The hotel-casino has restricted entry to rewards members and customers with hotel or restaurant reservations on Fridays and Saturdays from 6pm to 6am.

It will also carry out safety screening, checking each visitor and their bags with a metal detector wand.

Officers from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department will be present at entrances to the property.

The casino says the measures are a response to increased violence on the strip. The LVMPD is currently investigating two homicides.

The Cosmopolitan isn’t the only company stepping up security. Wynn Resorts added additional security guards at its Las Vegas properties after a fight at Encore caused $15,000 worth of damage earlier in the month.

The Cosmopolitan said: “In a continued effort to ensure the safety and security of our guests and employees, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has implemented increased security measures on Friday and Saturday evenings at all Las Vegas Boulevard entry and exit points,

“In partnership with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, these new procedures are effective immediately, beginning tonight from 6:00PM to 6:00AM and every Friday and Saturday thereafter for the foreseeable future.”