The company reported several infections at a canteen but the property has not been closed.
Malaysia.- Genting Malaysia’s flagship integrated resort, Resorts World Genting (RWG), says that several workers at its Genting Highlands staff canteens have tested positive COVID-19.</p>
According to a company statement issued Thursday, the positive cases were detected during a regular health and safety screening with all affected workers immediately isolated. No details were provided on the exact number of positive cases.
WG said it has now undertaken contact tracing, adding that “for precaution, we have asked some employees who have been to these canteens be accommodated separately for a certain period. Meanwhile, we have reported the matter to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and will work closely with the authority to address this.”
RWG previously reported in November that an employee from its security department had tested positive, however it confirmed infections at the popular tourist resort have remained few and far between.
Thursday’s statement said RWG remains open and that the staff canteen in question has been thoroughly sanitised and disinfected.
“These canteens are not accessible to the public,” it said. “We assure everyone that SOPs are in place and will be continuously reviewed and enhanced to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all in Resorts World Genting.”