Two casinos remain closed in Macau

legend palace

Credits: onetime.nl

The two gambling facilities were forced to shut down after Typhoon Hato that damaged Macau last month.

Macau.- Legend Palace and the casino inside Broadway Macau remain closed following the severe floods caused by Typhoon Hato. Whilst the hotels offer accommodation dates as early as September 18 and 25 respectively, it is still uncertain if they will be ready for China’s National Day on October 1, one of the most important days of the year commercially speaking.

Legend Palace Hotel released a notice on its official website earlier on thursday where it reminded the closure of the facility but accommodations are available for September 18. Moreover, Macau Legend told GGRAsia that hotel operations would restart that day as well, but it is still uncertain if casinos will operate again that week.

On the other hand, Broadway Macau’s website also said that it was temporarily closed due to the floods and indicated that rooms were available starting September 25, but as the other property, didn’t mention an opening date for the casino either.

Executive Director of Success Universe Group, Hoffman Ma, said last week that it is expected that the reopening will happen sometime in the upcoming weeks, and that tables had been moved to upper floors whilst they still work on getting the facility ready.